Saturday, July 11, 2015

Eilean Donan Castle

The drive from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh, like all our drives, was just stunning. Twisting green-shrouded roads, lakes and waterfalls around every curve. Almost to the west coast, we rounded the bend and there stood Eilean Donan castle. This castle was one of the number one things I wanted to see in Scotland, and suddenly, there it was, in all its romantic glory.

Isn't it picturesque? The iconic 13th-century castle sits on its own wee island in the middle of the loch. The bridge was added in the early 20th century, as part of a renovation by a private owner.


And here we have some crazy people, marring the idyllic scene with their shenanigans.

I believe my cue was something along the lines of, "Look manly and Scottish."


Will they remember this trip? I certainly hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment