Tuesday, June 24, 2014

still the one

Fourteen years today! A few of my favorite photos from our special day....


 



Anything I say about my amazing husband will fall short. But I will say that I took marriage very seriously, and so did Daniel. Even so, I was too young to realize the depth of this man's kindness, loyalty, and capacity for selfless love. We've been through our share of challenges, but those are the times when his character has shone the brightest. He has always been my number one supporter and knows how to make me laugh like no one else. I had a feeling he would be a wonderful father, but seeing him step into that role has been one of the greatest joys of my life. 

On a hot June day fourteen years ago, I put my heart in his hands. I've never regretted it. 

Shakespeare said it best (as usual):

SONNET 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no; it is an ever-fixed mark, 
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks 
Within his bending sickle's compass come; 
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, 
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment