Tuesday, December 24, 2013

a very Kortsch Christmas




racing against the clock




family dance party!

this is generally where things wind up

 Heading off to a beautiful candlelight Christmas Eve service at church. I love Christmas Eve.

 Traditional Christmas Eve fondue dinner...

 ...and of course the Bunder Teller! wouldn't be Christmas without these plates of German delights.



 "Move aside, mother."
We brought in a hilarious game from my family: attempt to blow out a candle. Furthest person away wins. Things got a little crazy.


A Christmas miracle! After four years of stops and starts, yanking out yarn and getting so frustrated I threw the heap of knots back into the bag year after year, I finally finished not one but THREE stockings! (The one on the left is mine from childhood, made by my dear Aunt Bonnie Sue, and inspiration for the boys' stockings.) Phew.

 A very early Christmas morning. The kids did a great job staying quiet until 7 as directed but then it was time to rip off blankets and drag the stumbling adults to the coffeepot and the tree.







I think she liked her pearl necklace.

Mmm. Delicious brunch prepared by Rachel and Jon-Marc, including a fantastic veggie frittata, home fries, bacon, and mimosas. (I LOVE my gorgeous Christmas present from my parents: a vintage milkglass cake stand.)



 Carol hard at work on the family tradition from Uli's German heritage: rouladen!

Christmas crackers, from Carol's English roots. I didn't grow up with these but now I can't imagine Christmas without them.



Nana's amazing raspberry trifle!

 Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Rachel Rose said...

Perfection Christine!! xoxox

Unknown said...

yes, fantabulous

Post a Comment